1 hour Serves 8-10 intermediate
- 2 cups fresh Wish Farms blueberries (rinsed and dried)
- 8 large eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 loaf bread (any kind)
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese (cold so it can be cubed)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- cooking pan spray
- 9x9x2-inch baking dish
- Medium sized bowl
- Measuring cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Cut cream cheese into small cubes. Lightly spray a 9x9x2-inch baking dish. Place half of the bread cubes in the dish.
- Evenly place the cream cheese cubes and 1 cup of the blueberries over the bread. Add the remaining bread cubes and blueberries to the top of the casserole.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine eggs, milk, maple syrup and butter. Slowly pour egg mixture over bread. Cover casserole with foil and bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Insert a tooth pick in the center of the casserole. When the toothpick comes out clean, remove the foil so the casserole can brown on top.
- Let cool slightly and serve warm with extra maple syrup on the side.