15 min Serves 5 easy
- 1 pint of fresh Wish Farms strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 6 stalks of rhubarb cut into 2-inch pieces
- 15 purple basil leaves (may substitute Italian)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons (2 ounces)
- 2 ounces Lillet Blanc
- 1 ounce Hendrick’s gin
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 ounces strawberry mixture
- Basil leaves, for garnish
For the strawberry mixture
- Combine the Wish Farms strawberries, rhubarb, basil, sugar and lemon juice in a deep container. Use your hands to squish the ingredients together; do not puree in a blender or food processor, because the seeds will cause the mixture to become bitter.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours; the pulp will rise to the top.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer, being careful not to force any pulp through. Discard the pulp. You should have 1 1/2 cups of strained liquid. Reserve 4 ounces.
- Remaining mixture may be kept refrigerated for 3 to 4 days.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add the Lillet Blanc, gin, lemon juice and the 4 ounces of strawberry mixture; stir well, then divide among glasses.
- Pour and enjoy!