- 1 pound fresh Wish Farms strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh Wish Farms blackberries
- 1/2 cup fresh Wish Farms blueberries
- 3 tablespoons vanilla icing
- 1 tablespoon chocolate icing
Preparing the berries
Cut 3/4 of the strawberries into slices. Set aside the remaining strawberries to create the Spider-Man faces.
Fill the middle of a plate with blackberries and blueberries in a neat circular pile.
Make 2 rows of strawberry slices around the blackberries and blueberries in a “flower petal” pattern so that none of them overlap.
Creating the Spider-Man web
Starting from the center of the berry pile, draw eight equally spaced straight lines of vanilla icing towards the edge of the plate. There should be about 3 strawberry slices width in between each line, for reference.
Connect the ends of each line by drawing a curving inward line. You want to make sure the line curves towards the center of the berry pile, and not the other way around, for a proper spiderweb.
Continue drawing inwardly curving lines between the straight lines until you reach the center. You want the ends of each curving line to touch.
Creating the Spider-Man faces
Cut the tops off of your remaining strawberries.
Add a thick line of vanilla icing for each eye. Remember, Spider-Man’s eyes curve downward at the bottom and have a “sharp” look.
Outline the vanilla icing with a thin line of chocolate icing to emphasize the eyes.
- For this recipe, we used small containers of cake frosting, such as Betty Crocker icing. To portion out the icing, you will need a piping bag. You can either buy plastic piping bags for this recipe, or use a plastic sandwich bag by filling the bag with icing in one corner and cutting the tip off of the corner to create a small hole to pipe the icing through. If you use this method, make sure to pipe carefully so the tip does not tear and become too wide.
- You want the tip of your piping bag to be cut small, whether you use a true piping bag or a plastic baggie with a hole cut, so you can properly make the Spider-Man web decoration and easily draw his eyes.
Submit your review