- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
*or, simply use store-bought sugar cookie dough 😉
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 cups of fruit (suggested: berries of course, kiwi, apple, banana, pineapple)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-inch round pizza pan or a 9×13 baking pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until fully combined, about 1 minute.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add them to the butter mixture and mix on low speed until everything is combined into a soft dough.
- Spread the dough to the edges of the pan; bake for 15-18 mins or until the edges are light brown. Let cool completely.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix on low until everything is combined.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl, then mix on high speed for 2-3 minutes or until the frosting is smooth and has increased in volume.
- Spread frosting on the cookie. Top with fresh fruit and serve.