6 hours and 5 minutes Serves 14 intermediate
- 5 pounds skinless chicken thighs
- 10 ounces seedless blackberry preserves
- 1 cup of fresh blackberries
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon molasses
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 jalapeños, sliced thin
- 1½ medium onions, sliced thin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 slices monterey jack
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- 6 pretzel buns
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl muddle fresh blackberries.
- In another bowl, whisk together blackberries, preserves, ketchup, vinegar, molasses and salt and mustard. Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with sliced, onion, garlic and jalapeño. Toss to combine everything.
- Turn the slow-cooker on low, and cook for 5-6 hours until the chicken is fork-tender.
- Pile hot chicken on pretzel buns and top with sliced jalapeños, cheese and bacon.