Check out our take on the viral “upside down pastry” trend that is inspiring even the most novice home chefs!
- Fresh Wish Farms Strawberries, sliced
- Hazelnut Spread
- Brown Sugar
- Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- Confectioners Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Cut thawed pastry sheets into rectangles, whatever size you would like your individual pastries to be. We chose a size of about 3 in x 4 in.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of brown sugar on baking sheet in an area small enough to fit underneath your pastry dough.
- Layer sliced strawberries on top of the brown sugar (3-4 slices).
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of hazelnut spread over the strawberries.
- Place a single pastry sheet on top of the layered ingredients. Press down the edges of the dough to form a seal around the brown sugar, berries and hazelnut spread.
- Repeat process above for the number of individual pastries you would like to make.
- Cook for 15 – 20 minutes in the over or until pastry dough is golden brown. Yes, there will be some leaking as the pastry cooks!
- Remove from the oven and let the pastry cool down. Then, turn over the baking sheet and use a spatula to remove the baked pastries & their gooey, sweet toppings.
- Finally, top with a little powdered sugar!