This recipe was created by Roger McQueen, the bar manager and mixologist at Elevage restaurant at the Epicurean Hotel in Tampa, FL., shared some fantastic cocktails with Wish Farms in celebration of Florida Blueberries! While vodka is the prime choice for most women, Roger created using only bourbon in his efforts to have us all “branch out!” His use of fresh fruit offsets what some women may dislike about the bourbon taste alone. We encourage you all to try these amazing recipes in your own home today!
- 1 ounce Old Forester Signature Bourbon
- 2 ounces Blueberry Shrub (recipe below)
- 6 ounces cold water
- 1 orange peel
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- Build in a Collins glass filled with ice. Bourbon, Shrub, Water then lightly stir to combine and garnish with expressed orange peel.
- Place the blueberries in a nonmetallic container.
- Add the vinegar and cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 3 days.
- Pour the vinegar-marinated blueberries into a sieve over a bowl; press the berries to release all their juice. Discard the solids.
- Pour the blueberry liquid into a medium saucepan.
- Add the sugar and boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Pour the sweetened blueberry liquid into small container and chill.
- To make each drink, ad 1/4 cup blueberry concentrate to a medium cocktail glass filled with ice and add 1 cup of cold water. Garnish if desired.