This recipe was created by Anna-Marie Walsh of Beauty and the Beets knows her way around creating simple, healthy meals without compromising on all the flavors we love! Check out her blog for more amazing recipes!
- 2 cups quinoa, prepared and cooled
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, stemmed and washed
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 4-6 dried figs, halved
- 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- Add the prepared and cooled quinoa to a large bowl.
- Add the blueberries, tomatoes, pepitas, pecans and figs over the quinoa.
- Just before serving, squeeze the lemon over the quinoa salad and lightly toss.
- sprinkle the salad with the basil and enjoy!