This recipe was created and made by chef and photographer Carmell Childs. Follow Carmell on Instagram for award winning recipes and photos of more unique and delicious dishes.
- 12 ounces whipped cream cheese, softened
- 1 large lime (2 1/2 tablespoons juice + zest)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping, defrosted
- 10 prepared crepes*
- 6-12 ounces Wish Farms Organic Blackberries
- 2 limes (optional garnish)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare filling in a large mixing bowl. Beat cream cheese until smooth, add the zest of 1 lime plus 2 1/2 tablespoons juice, add powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping until combined and smooth.
- To assemble cake; place one crepe on a cake stand or serving plate, evenly spread with approximately 1/3 cup of filling. Repeat process ending with the 10th crepe on top- do not spread with the remaining filling, save it in an air-tight container until serving. Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours. When ready to serve, spread the remaining filling over the top of cake, within 1-2 inches of the edge, arrange blackberries over the top. If desired garnish with some lime slices and zest.
- To prepare crepes combine the eggs, milk, water, butter, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl; whisk until combined. Add flour and salt, whisk until smooth. Heat an 8-9 in. non-stick skillet or crepe pan over medium-high heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the center of pan; swirl to spread evenly. Cook 30 seconds, flip crepe and cook an additional 10 seconds then remove to a platter cool. Continue until batter is gone. (If crepes stick to pan try buttering pan after every few crepes.)