Position: Full time
Location: Plant City, FL
Wish Farms is a nationally recognized year-round supplier of berries with growing regions throughout the USA, Canada and Latin America. With our committed focus on providing the best tasting berries, Wish Farms continues to see impressive market growth.
Established in 1922, Wish Farms is a family owned and operated grower, shipper, and marketer of berries. We employ a dynamic group of passionate individuals who believe in our mission of providing the best tasting berries through living our core values of Quality, Integrity, and Responsiveness.
While our mission is to provide the best tasting berries, our brand is defined by much more than the product we deliver and the retailer you find it in. It is defined and protected by us, the employees. With that in mind, we have created 33 fundamentals, which serve as a shared language across our organization and is the basis for how we do business. Join our team and become a Wish Farms Pixie at our state-of-the-art headquarters where our culture is second to none.
We have a career opportunity available for a talented and motivated individual to join our team in Plant City, FL as a Staff Accountant. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical mind, allowing them to look through large data sets in various ways to see patterns and abnormalities. They will be confident and assertive, allowing them to work across multiple departments and with a variety of outside stakeholders to gather additional information and expectations. The ideal candidate will also have very strong understanding of Microsoft Excel formulas and functions, including POWER QUERY, SQL XLOOKUP, SUMIFS, INDEX MATCH, and have extensive experience creating and using Pivot tables to look through and analyze large data sets in various ways.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have a strong self-structure to allow for the necessary organization and time management to meet all deadlines.
- Use multiple sources to identify and export large data sets to be used in weekly reporting and calculations.
- Work with sales and grower relations team to identify sales (volume and pricing) data, warehouse receiving data, to calculate weekly grower commissions by commodity.
- Work with sales team and grower relations team to identify market expectations/conditions for commodities.
- Calculate weekly grower commissions by commodity.
- Work with purchasing and warehouse team to ensure completeness and accuracy of inventory on monthly basis.
- Ability to influence team members outside direct control to obtain information and reporting needed to complete tasks at hand.
- Combine multiple data sources using common keys to link data for reporting and payment calculations.
- Track and maintain all grower agreements and maintain schedule showing each growers specific terms
- Strong understanding of formulas and functions with Microsoft Excel.
- Other ad hoc projects as requested by management
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Positive attitude aligned with the Wish Farms culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Business required; CPA plus
- At least 3+ years of related professional experience
- Advanced excel skills preferred (Power Query, SQL, PIVOTs, Advanced Formulas (X/V/HLookup, SumIFs, Index, Match, etc.)
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload and meet deadlines quickly and accurately.
- Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with other departments to obtain information in a timely manner.
- Persistent follow up on any outstanding issues and the ability to escalate as needed
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and ability to take charge, set objectives, drive to results, team oriented.
- Analytical and critical thinking/creative problem-solving skills.
This position offers a competitive salary, paid holidays, PTO, as well as a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term and short-term disability, FSA, HSA with company match, supplemental policies and 401k with 4% company match. In addition to all the health benefits that Wish Farms has to offer, we also have a state-of-the-art headquarters with electric car parking and a beautiful walking path around a picturesque pond, an onsite gym with supplemented personal training sessions, an onsite café with supplemented healthy lunch options made by our in-house chef, unlimited coffee and snacks and you will often have the opportunity to take home berries!
This position is a primarily an onsite role at our headquarters in Plant City, FL with some flexibility between supervisor and employee to suit the needs of the business