Position: Full time
Location: Guadalupe, CA
Wish Farms is a nationally recognized year-round supplier of berries with growing regions throughout the USA, Canada and South America. With our committed focus on providing the best tasting berries, Wish Farms continues to see impressive market growth.
Established in 1922, Wish Farms is a family owned and operated grower, shipper, and marketer of berries. We employ a dynamic group of passionate individuals who believe in our mission of providing the best tasting berries through living our core values of Quality, Integrity, and Responsiveness.
We have a career opportunity available for a talented and motivated Senior Staff Accountant to join our Wish Farms California team at our Santa Maria Office location currently located in Guadalupe, CA. Qualified individuals will need to have an extremely high attention to detail and be well versed in payroll taxes and other accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Performs general cost accounting – reconcile the general ledger including fixed assets, leases, prepaids, and accrued liabilities
- Prepare journal entries and assist in the month-end close process
- Codes invoice as received to assist with the accounts payable process
- Manage grower invoicing and prepare inter-company invoices
- Process and print weekly payroll checks utilizing Famous software
- Prepare, pay, file, and record employer taxes for federal income tax, social security tax, medicare tax, federal unemployment – prepare and file IRS forms 943 and 940
- Prepare, pay, file and record employer taxes for state unemployment taxes, state income tax, municipal taxes, state disability, education and training taxes, and any other state or area specific employer payroll taxes for CA – prepare and file CA state DE9 and DE9C forms
- Audit and discover any needed corrections on any necessary payroll or payroll tax related items
- Reconcile and pay biweekly and/or same day payroll taxes
- Participate in annual financial company audit, 401k audit and workers compensation audit
- Assist with compiling payroll data for legal compliance purposes
- Assistance with other financial and ad hoc reporting as requested by management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Extremely detail orientated individual with proven experience in preparing and filing CA state and federal payroll taxes and corrections
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles
- Working knowledge of Excel, including proficient use of SUMIFS, IFS, INDEX, MATCH, experience with PowerQuery is a plus
- High degree of self-structure with the ability to perform successfully under minimal supervision
- Experience with Famous Software a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, , or related field or equivalent relevant experience
- At least 3 years of related experience
This position is full time and offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term and short-term disability and 401k with 4% company match. With participation in our wellness programs, the above benefits are at little to no cost to the employee.