Position: Full time
Location: Salinas or Santa Maria, CA
Wish Farms is a nationally recognized year-round supplier of berries with growing regions throughout the USA, Canada and South America. With our committed focus on providing the best tasting berries, Wish Farms continues to see impressive market growth.
Established in 1922, Wish Farms is a family owned and operated grower, shipper, and marketer of berries. We employ a dynamic group of passionate individuals who believe in our mission of providing the best tasting berries through living our core values of Quality, Integrity, and Responsiveness.
While our mission is to provide the best tasting berries, our brand is defined by much more than the product we deliver and the retailer you find it in. It is defined and protected by us, the employees. With that in mind, we have created 33 fundamentals, which serve as a shared language across our organization and is the basis for how we do business. Join our team and become a Wish Farms pixie where our culture is second to none!
We have a career opportunity available for a talented and motivated individual to join our team at our in either Salinas or Santa Maria, CA as a Finance Manger – California Operations. The CA Finance Manager is responsible for farm budgeting and cost controls, financial analysis, accounting practices and financial reporting for all of the company’s California farming operations. You will work directly with the CFO, COO and CA management team make educated economic decisions about the company’s future. Responsible for all of the day-to-day accounting operations, including the production of periodic labor cost reports, financial reports, and the maintenance of all accounting records and internal controls. Additional duties involve oversight of accounts payable and providing limited support in HR and office management roles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for all financial and accounting matters for California operations
• Manage accounting and financial processes
• Prepare and review monthly and annual financial statements
• Review accounts payables and receivables for accurate coding and timely payments
• Perform financial analysis on all aspects of the operation (i.e. growing cost, land cost, packaging, labor, etc.), including modeling financial scenarios for internal use
• Prepare analysis of ground rotation and utilization for management use and allocate appropriately across each crop
• Work directly with management and ranch supervisors to provide timely and accurate financial information
• Participate in crop planning and lead financial budgeting and forecasts
• Assist CFO in maintaining proper internal controls
• Assist HR and payroll team with weekly payroll duties and analysis from time to time
• Review and monitor contracts for assurance that accounting remains in compliance with all agreements
• Must have a strong self-structure to allow for the necessary organization and time management to meet all deadlines
• Other ad hoc projects as requested by management
• A strong belief in our core values of quality, integrity, and responsiveness
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, economics or related field
• Master’s degree in finance or business is ideal
• 5-10 years work experience in a finance or accounting role
• Expert level Excel skills for accounting and financial modeling a must
• Strong analytical thinker with ability to recognize trends
• Self-starter with attention to detail
• Ability to focus amidst multiple shifting priorities
• Strong communication skills
• Passion for agriculture and people
WORK REQUIREMENTS & RELATIONSHIPS
• Reports to Chief Financial Officer
• Works very closely CA management team and COO
• This position can work from our Salinas, CA or Santa Maria, CA office, but must be willing to do same day travel to the other region at least every other week
This position is full time and offers paid holidays and PTO as well as a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term and short-term disability, FSA, HSA with company match, supplemental policies and 401k with company match.