- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest of one lemon
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
- 1 cup fresh Wish Farms Blueberries
- 1 cup milk, plus more for brushing the scones
For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Using a pastry cutter or two forks, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it looks like coarse crumbs. Carefully fold in the blueberries. Make a well in the center of the bowl and pour in the milk. Gently fold everything together just to incorporate, being careful not to overwork the dough.
- Press the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about 12 inches long. Cut the rectangle in half, then cut the two pieces in half again, giving you four squares. Cut the four squares on a diagonal to give you eight triangle shapes. Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with a little milk. Sprinkle with vanilla sugar or granulated sugar, if desired. Bake the scones for 20 minutes, or until brown. Let the scones cool slightly before glazing.
- For the glaze, whisk all of the ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the scones and allow to set for just a few minutes before serving.