60 Serves 12 intermediate
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, packed
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, not thawed
- 1 – 8 oz package of cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ tablespoon milk
Blueberry Pumpkin Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Apply non-stick cooking spray to muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, orange juice, eggs and oil until smooth; about 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, stir flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to pumpkin mixture. Stir until combined. Stir blueberries into batter and spoon evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes.
- Cool tin on a rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin tin to cool completely.
- Optional, drizzle with honey cream cheese topping (recipe follows).
Honey Cream Cheese Drizzle
Combine all ingredients in the bowl of stand mixer and mix together until smooth and creamy. Drizzle over muffins once cooled.