- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (do not use quick or instant)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Ingredients for Muffins:
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, separated (2 Tbsp. plus 6 Tbsp. melted)
- 2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (do not use quick or instant)
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cup fresh Wish Farms blueberries, rinsed and de-stemmed
Directions for the Topping:
- Combine oats, flour, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Using a fork, slowly stir in the melted butter, until thoroughly combined; set aside.
Directions for the Muffins:
- Grease and flour muffin tin. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add oats and cook, stirring frequently, until oats are golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer oats to a food processor and process into a fine meal. Add flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda to oats and pulse until combined.
- Stir 6 tablespoons melted butter and brown sugar in large bowl until smooth. Using a whisk, stir in milk and eggs until smooth. Using whisk, gently fold half of the oat mixture into the wet ingredients, occasionally tapping the whisk on the side of the bowl to release clumps. Add remaining oat mixture and continue to fold with whisk until combined. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, gently fold in blueberries. Set aside for 20 minutes to allow batter to thicken and oats to hydrate. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees and place oven rack in middle position.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups (I used a quarter cup measure and each cup received 1-1 1/2 scoops). Cups will be filled to rim. Evenly sprinkle topping over muffins (about 2 tablespoons per muffin). Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and top of muffin is golden brown, 18-25 minutes, rotating muffin tin halfway through baking time.
- Let muffins cool in tin on wired rack for 10-15 minutes. Remove from tin and let cool completely before serving.